It’s bakin’ hot out there
Yay! For once, summer seems to be summer. And to make this summer even more summery, here are our top ten brilliant summery things:
- Getting away from work/school/general everyday drudgery to go on holiday.
- Eating outside – we say it tastes better, but its just the novelty of being outside without being cold or wet.
- Drinking everything through a straw (also a convenient and more hygienic way to sample other people’s drinks).
- Wearing flip flops everywhere – you don’t truly know someone until you’ve seen their trotters IN THE RAW
- Getting out of work early to sit in the garden – it would be rude not to.
- Playing football outside with your pals, (jumpers for goalposts)
- The smell of cut grass - except of course if you suffer quite badly from hayfever.
- Having something else to do other than watch TV – although if you really want to watch it in the garden use your phone for some catchuptv.com action
- Building sandcastles on the beach or forcing an unsuspecting younger relative to lie still while you bury their legs and give them a mermaid tail.
- Having an excuse to wear sunglasses – just don’t wear them all the time or you’ll look like an idiot.